The following reflects the fees for the 2021 summer program. This also includes the mandatory student activity fee which provides access to UW-Madison services such as full library databases and additional resources. Textbook costs vary by class and are not included in that amount.
International students will likely have additional SEVIS fees and mandatory health insurance requirements that are set by the University.
Tuition for the APTLI summer session is $5,000 (out-of-state) / $2,500 (in-state resident).
After being admitted to APTLI and registering for summer classes at UW-Madison, students receive an electronic tuition bill from the Bursar’s Office. Payments are made directly to the Bursar, via check, electronic bank transfer or credit card. The tuition payment deadline is listed on the email bill – there is a $100 fee for late tuition payments. APTLI is not part of the CIC Traveling Scholars program.
Tuition payments for Summer 2021 courses are still to be determined. View the Bursar’s Office – Student Account link for reference.
Students that have never taken a class at UW-Madison will be charged a one-time new student transcript fee of $130, which allows for unlimited transcript orders.
If you have already taken a course at UW-Madison, you should not have to pay the fee. For more information, click https://registrar.wisc.edu/documentfee/.
APTLI offers non-standard courses, and some of our policies differ from those of UW-Madison, specifically those relating to course drop and refund deadlines. Please read the information below and contact us prior to the start of the program with any questions.
- Though APTLI spans two semesters of classes, all tuition payments and refunds are processed during the first week of the first semester of the program.
- No tuition/fee refunds will be issued after the first Friday of classes. Through the first Friday of classes, APTLI will honor a 100% refund. As of the first Saturday of the program, no further refunds will be issued.
- Students must receive a passing grade in their first semester at APTLI (in either a 1st, 3rd, or 5th semester course) in order to move to the second half of the program. No refunds will be issued for students missing a portion of the program due to academic dismissal.
- APTLI does not issue refunds on the $25 application fee except in the case where the class applied to was cancelled by APTLI.
- All payments for program fees are due to the University of Wisconsin-Madison by the first Friday of classes.
- If a student encounters an emergency and must leave APTLI, they must contact APTLI administration before leaving, or may lose all of the program fee.
It is the student’s responsibility to understand these policies. If you have any questions about refunds or payments, please contact the APTLI office.